There are just eight games left in the 2018 FIFA World Cup as we reach the quarter-final stage, aka GW5 in the world of World Cup Fantasy.
A few points to note for this GW:
- You are allowed to make 3 free transfers
- You are allowed to have 5 players from the same country (up from 4)
- The team budget is 105 million
With that we have a team of picks <<Team value @103.0>>
There are also just two different calendar days over which GW5 will be played – choose a good spread of players who play on the first day and on the second day. Especially for GKs, make sure you pick a GK playing in day one and another playing in day 2.
- ALISSON (BRA | 6.0) – Brazil is a good bet to go all the way so Alisson is a solid choice to have as a GK, having only conceded once in 4 games.
DANIJEL SUBASIC (CRO | 5.6) – Croatia is arguably on the easier side of the bracket and can be fancied.
- ANDREAS GRANQVIST (SWE | 5.2) – Captain. Inspiration. Penalty taker. Granqvist is a must have at his price.
- MIRANDA (BRA | 5.6) – Cheaper of the two Brazilian center-halves.
- DEJAN LOVREN (CRO | 5.1) – Lovren has yet to score, but is known to be a threat at set-pieces going forward.
- BENJAMIN PAVARD (FRA | 4.5) – Another top bargain player, highly expected to start after his performance against the Argentines
KIERAN TRIPPIER (ENG | 5.6) – Trippier was a constant threat going forward and is due an assist at the minimum.
- PHILIPPE COUTINHO (BRA | 9.2) – The maestro of the Brazilian midfield; takes free-kicks for his nation and has already scored twice.
DENIS CHERYSHEV (BEL | 5.7) – Very good value at his price, even though Russia may continue to adopt a defensive approach.
- JESSE LINGARD (ENG | 7.6) – Lingard came from nowhere to be one of England’s top performer in the tournament so far. Energetic and packs a good shot.
- KEVIN DE BRUYNE (BEL | 9.9) – It’s a travesty that KDB only have had an assist thus far to his name. May be time for him to leave his mark in fantasy soon.
- VIKTOR CLAESSON (SWE | 5.6) – Feels like shopping in IKEA but CLAESSON is another absolute Swedish bargain.
- HARRY KANE (ENG | 11.2) – You cannot ignore the tournament’s top scorer who is his team’s regular spot-kick taker.
- ARTEM DZYUBA (RUS | 8.1) – Dzyuba is also Russia’s spot-kick taker.
- KYLIAN MBAPPE (FRA | 9.0) – This French youngster have the opportunity to steal the show at the World Cup.
JOIN OUR TITAN PRIVATE LEAGUE:
LEAGUE CODE: SNICNMTO