Because of the FA Cup quarter-finals, there will be just FIVE Premier League matches in GW28. There won’t be a lot to choose from given that the four of the Top 6 are out of action. Weeks like these are make-or-break – make the right choices and it will be the chance to catch up on your rivals. Any slip-ups and you will fall miles behind.
In this unique Gameweek, we will split our picks into three buckets – the “must-haves”, the “maybes” and the “differentials”.
- <GK> Joel Robles (EVE) – WBA is a decent team but at this stage of the season, they can be forgiven if they are to take their collective feet off the pedal.
- <DF> Seamus Coleman (EVE) – 4 goals and 1 assist in his last 7, Coleman will be an automatic pick this week
- <DF> Leighton Baines (EVE) – Baines is on penalty duties and with the (high) possibility of a clean sheet, another must have.
- <DF> Aleksandar Kolarov (MCI) – Pep Guardiola does tinker his back line a bit but Kolarov has only missed two games so far this season so should be a definite starter against Stoke.
- <MF> Gylfi Sigurdsson (SWA) – The Icelander is in a rich vein of form, having scored or assisted in 7 of his last games, including against the likes of City, Chelsea and Liverpool.
- <FW> Romelu Lukaku (EVE) – Lukaku has 6 goals in his last four games and with the top scorer race heating up, will relish his chances against his former club WBA.
- <GK> Simon Mignolet (LIV) – Burnley has only scored 8 goals in 13 away from home but not too much trust can ever be placed on this Liverpool defence.
- <DF> Nathaniel Clyne (LIV) – To be fair, Clyne plays a very attacking role at Liverpool but has only had 2 assists so far this season. A definite maybe here.
- <MF> Philippe Coutinho (LIV) – Coutinho has been playing OK since his return from injury but performances have yet to translate into points as he has only scored once in his last 7.
- <MF> Leroy Sane <MCI> – Sane plays upfront and is listed as a midfielder in the game. He is on form but we aren’t sure if he will start the game or if he will deliver week in week out.
- <MF> Robert Snodgrass (WHM) – Snodgrass has not yet reproduced the form which attracted the Hammers in the first place and has yet to contribute much in his first five games for his new club. A maybe here for us
- <FW> Roberto Firmino (LIV) – Think you get our drift here – another Liverpool player makes our maybe list. Just 2 goals in 8 for Firmino, not exactly top form but he will start and may score.
- <DF> Andrea Ranocchia (HUL) – The ex-Inter defender has averaged 10 pts since his arrival.
- <DF> Alfie Mawson (SWA) – The new Swansea center-back has an eye for goal.
- <MF> Ryan Fraser (BOU) – The diminutive Scot has started the last 9 games, keeping out 15-million pound Jordan Ibe.
- <FW> Fernando Llorente (SWA) – The Spaniard has 3 goals in his last 2 games – will he strike again?
If you like what you read, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter or Instagram!
You can also subscribe to our Newsletter via our website to receive weekly updates of our articles.