The Premier League festive season enters the mid-way point as fixtures come fast and furious. As already noted in GW20, teams have started to rotated even their top players – literally no one is a sure starter, as evidenced by Brighton resting their own creative force Pascal Gross in their visit to Chelsea. We cannot further stress the importance of checking the team line-ups before kick-off but if you are like ourselves in the Asia time-zone, it’s perhaps wiser to avoid players playing at unearthly hours.
Do take note that Spurs and West Ham United do not play this gameweek – they have a double gameweek in GW22.
Man Utd Southampton
Crystal Palace Man City
West Brom Arsenal
Goalkeepers are much less likely to be rotated so there are more safe options here
- David de Gea (MUN) – The Saints are all over the place at the moment and we doubt they can “do a Burnley” at Old Trafford.
- Thibaut Courtois (CHE) – Chelsea already have 10 clean sheets so far and are a good bet for their 11th against Stoke.
- Marcos Alonso (CHE) – Chelsea’s most trusted wing-back is not likely to be rotated. Also takes free-kicks.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (LIV) – Either him or Joe Gomez will start at right-back. Will definitely pick TAA if he starts, he is delightfully going forward.
- Phil Jones (MNU) – Jones has started every game since his return from injury.
- Christian Kabasele (WAT) – Kabasele has started every game since GW3 and Watford looks set for a clean sheet against manager-less Swansea.
- Ahmed Hegazi (WBA) – Pardew’s WBA is painful to watch as an attacking force but they are organised at the back. They can keep the Gunners at bay here.
- Mathias Jorgensen (HUD) – AKA Zanka Claus has played every minute of every game for Huddersfield so far.
- Sadio Mane (LIV) – Rested against the Swans, surely a starter against Leicester City.
- Jesse Lingard (MNU) – 3 goals and an assist in his last 3 games – surely has done enough to warrant a start against Southampton.
- Willian (CHE) – Rested against Brighton. Will likely start in place of Fabregras here.
- Kevin de Bruyne (MCI) – Highest scoring Perfect XI midfield player by a mile.
- Matt Ritchie (NEW) – The Magpies are not doing well but Ritchie is a go-to if you fancy them picking up a result against Brighton.
- Abdoulaye Doucoure (WAT) – My favourite Watford midfielder already has 6 goals and a assist to his name.
- Mohamed Salah (LIV) – Taken off early against Swansea, probably will be given a start here.
- Alexis Sanchez (ARS) – He is the Gunners’ top-scoring PerfectXI player and has 3 goals in his last two games.
- Alvaro Morata (CHE) – Chelsea do not have many options upfront and Morata should be given the start.
- Richarlison (WAT) – Watford actually have SEVEN forwards in their books but we reckon Richarlison will get the nod.
Uncertain about your squad? Or maybe you would like your squad to be rated? Just post your provincial squad in the comments and The Titan will try his best to advice and answer all your queries.
You can also subscribe to our Newsletter via our website to receive weekly updates of our articles.
We also have a featured league in Togga Perfect XI – join us!