FF Physio’s back in the house this week for our Togga piece. With the fixtures coming fast & furious, I’ll keep this short and sweet. As per my usual style, I’ll go with stats to back up my picks. But be wary of player rotation due to the fixture congestion.
Fixtures I favour:
- Arsenal v Newcastle
- Bournemouth v Liverpool
- Stoke v West Ham
- West Brom v Man Utd
- Leicester v Crystal Palace
- Man City v Tottenham
- Chelsea v Southampton
- Everton v Swansea
- P. Cech (ARS) – Arsenal let in an average 0.88 goals at home while Newcastle have scored an average of 0.88 goals away. Good home record against the Magpies. Good chance of clean sheet.
- K. Schmeichel (LEI) – Palace has yet to score away from home this season. They may do it on this game, but they may not too. Decent home record against Palace.
- T. Courtois (CHE) – Chelsea let in an average 0.88 goals at home while Southampton have scored an average of 0.71 goals away. Decent home record against Southmapton. Decent chance of a clean sheet.
- M. Alonso (CHE) – Good chance of clean sheet. Provide attacking points. If he doesn’t start, C. Azpilicueta would be my alternative. Or if you feel confident enough, why not take them both?
- S. Kolasinac (ARS) – Good chance of clean sheet. Provide attacking points as well. If he doesn’t start, N. Monreal would be my backup. Or you can even take them both!
- C. Fuchs (LEI) – Good chance of clean sheet. Provide attacking points too. If he doesn’t start, I would go with H. Maguire as a backup. I would go with one but not both.
- J. Tarkowski (BUR) – Top Burnley defender at the moment. Burnley are on a roll and are very solid defensively. Brighton aren’t that prolific in front of goal themselves. Even if he doesn’t get a clean sheet, he will still rake in many defensive points.
- P. Jones (MAN) – United are still defensively solid and I wouldn’t bet against them getting a clean sheet in this game. I picked a centre back as I think their full backs won’t be as adventurous away from home. If Jones doesn’t start, C. Smalling or M. Rojo would be his backup. But I wouldn’t take more than 1 United defender.
- M. Ozil (ARS) – 1 goal and 1 assist in 2 home starts against Newcastle. Tons of chances created. Arsenal has scored 2.63 home goals on average this season. My top midfield pick for this week.
- S. Mane (LIV) – 1 goal and 1 assist in 2 away games against Bournemouth. Liverpool has scored 2.5 away goals on average this season.
- P. Coutinho (LIV) – Top Liverpool midfielder in Togga. I expect Bournemouth to concede at least a couple against Liverpool.
- K. De Bruyne (MCI) – Big game for Man City but I still see them scoring a couple against Spurs. KDB has 2 goals and 1 assist in 2 games against them and I don’t see them being able to stop the top midfielder in Togga.
- E. Hazard (CHE) – Home game for the defending champions with Hazard being their top midfielder.
- R. Mahrez (LEI) – In good form. 5 goals and 4 assists in his last 10 games.
- X. Shaqiri (STO) – West Ham has conceded 2.33 away goals on average. Top Stoke midfielder.
- G. Sigurdsson (EVE) – Many players like to score against their old clubs. A rejuvenated Everton having a home game against the Swans, why not?
- A. Sanchez (ARS) – Arsenal should score more than a couple this weekend against Newcastle and Sanchez should at least get a couple of goals or assists along the way. A. Lacazette would be my alternative if he gets rested.
- R. Lukaku/Zlatan (MAN) – Lukaku has 3 goals and 2 assists in the last 4 away games against WBA while Zlatan scored 2 in this fixture last season. I back them to repeat their scoring feat against the same opponents, whoever gets the nod to start this game.
- M. Salah (LIV) – Premier League top scorer. Overlook him at your own risk.
- S. Aguero (MCI) – 10 goals in 11 games against Spurs. But be aware that he hasn’t scored against them in the last 4 meetings.
- W. Rooney (EVE) – Seems to have rediscovered his form under Allardyce. 5 goals and 1 assist in his last 4 Premier League games, 3 goals and 5 assists in the last 9 games against the Swans. Wouldn’t bet against him doing it again, would you?
Feel free to post your comments below. You can send in your squad and ask for feedback. We would even welcome anyone who thinks they are good enough to challenge us.
You can also subscribe to our Newsletter via our website to receive weekly updates of our articles.
We also have a featured league in Togga Perfect XI – join us!