This week is a tough one to do picks on as there are too many mouth-watering games and players to choose from. Nevertheless, we are committed to picking out the best players in Togga’s Perfect XI. In times like these, statistics might help us make the best choices.
- David De Gea (MAN) – United are a tough nut to crack at home. They only conceded their first goal at home last weekend. Expect him to get another Clean Sheet and points from saves. The only worry we have is if Lindelof is starting, if you know what I mean.
- Hugo Lloris (TOT) – Pulis has been sacked and many are now tipping West Brom to go down. I don’t expect them to even have a sniff at Lloris’s goal.
- Antonio Valencia (MAN) – Almost a sure starter. United at home. No reason not to pick him.
- Eric Bailly/Phil Jones/Chris Smalling (MAN) – I would be inclined to pick another United defender as long as Lindelof is not starting.
- Kieran Trippier/Ben Davies/Serge Aurier/Danny Rose (TOT) – I would pick 2 of their fullbacks, whoever is starting. CS & attacking points almost guaranteed.
- Kyle Walker (MCI) – Good option too. Attack is the best form of defence for City and Huddersfield haven’t been doing that well in front of goal.
- Virgil van Dijk (SOU) – Everton has been picking up lately but I still think the Saints have a good chance of a CS.
- Paul Pogba (MAN) – Made the difference in his comeback game and I expect him to carry on his good form. Top pick for the week.
- Kevin De Bruyne/Leroy Sane/David Silva (MCI) – The trio has been in fantastic form and I expect them to carry on their rich vein. I would pick 2 of the 3 for this week. Note that KDB started the CL game but was withdrawn after 64 mins. Sane & Silva did not start that game.
- Christian Eriksen/Dele Alli (TOT) – Both of them haven’t been in great form in the league of late although Alli had 2 assists in the CL game against Dortmund. But I expect Spurs to get a result against managerless WBA. I might pick one among the 2.
- Wilfried Zaha (CRY) –He has scored in his last 3 home games. Wouldn’t bet against him making it 4 in 4.
- Mesut Ozil (LIV) –Both his form and Arsenal’s has been picking up but Arsenal’s away form is still erratic and Turf Moor isn’t an easy place to visit these days.
- Riyad Mahrez (LEI) –He has been picking up double digit points in his past few games baring the one against Man City. Likely to do well again this week. Not to mention our man has 2 goals in his last 3 away games against West Ham.
- Romelu Lukaku (MAN) – He ended his 7 game scoring drought last weekend. Could be the start of another goal scoring run.
- Harry Kane (TOT) – Scored in midweek against Dortmund and I back him to do so again this weekend. He has scored 6 goals in the last 5 games against WBA. Talk about record!
- Gabriel Jesus (MCI) – Pep seems to be rotating his strikers regularly and Jesus looks to be the one starting in the league. City’s attacking players look almost unstoppable whoever they are up against.
- Alexis Sanchez (ARS) – The man looks to be back to his best lately and when he’s on fire, even Burnley can’t stop him. Or can they?
- Jamie Vardy (LEI) – If you are in the mood for a differential pick, why not go for Vardy? His form is decent and he has 2 goals & 3 assists in the last 5 games against the Hammers.
Feel free to post your comments below. You can send in your squad and ask for feedback. We would even welcome anyone who thinks they are good enough to challenge us.
You can also subscribe to our Newsletter via our website to receive weekly updates of our articles.
We also have a featured league in Togga Perfect XI – join us!