Despite the midweek EFL Cup fixtures, it’s likely that most clubs will opt to play their fringe players so beyond any injury worries, most of the regular starters should still be in contention this game week. With Man United playing at home against a confident Spurs and Man City away at the Hawthorns, we prefer players from Arsenal and Liverpool this week as we believe that Liverpool should bounce back from their awful loss last week and Arsenal will be starting to click more with Ozil and Sanchez back to action.
- Pope, Nick (BRN) – Despite the 3 goal loss to Man City last week, Pope is looking like an able deputy for Tom Heaton and managed to make 7 saves.
- Cech, Petr (ARS) – Arsenal are at home against the goal shy Swans who have scored the second lowest amount of goals so far in the Premier League. He looks good for a clean sheet.
- Otamendi, Nicolas (MCI) – Has already scored 2 goals so far, he has also helped shore up a defence that has only let in a meagre 4 goals. Hard to miss him out.
- Trippier, Kieran (TOT) – With Danny Rose back in contention, you will have to be slightly wary of any rotation by Pochettino. However, when he plays, he’s always a threat on the wings and has got fantastic crossing ability.
- Van Dijk, Virgil (SOU) – After his transfer window demands, he is slowly getting back into the teamsheet and has scored more than 10 points each in his last 3 starts.
- Monreal, Nacho (ARS) – 2 goals already so far this season, Monreal is showing his versatility playing in a more central position to allow Kolasinac to play on the wings and that has seemingly let to him being more productive in front of the goal.
- Moreno, Alberto (LIV)– Among all the Liverpool back 4, Moreno has been the most attacking so far. He has sent in 34 crosses already so far and is the 9th most among all defenders.
- Azpilicueta, Cesar (CHE) – Still one of the best choices to take among all the Chelsea defenders, he has even scored a goal last week beyond his 4 assists so far.
- De Bruyne, Kevin (MCI) – Yet another outstanding points return last week, he is likely to be one of the first picks on everyone’s squad.
- Zaha, Wilfried (CRY) – The battle between the 2 struggling London clubs should prove to be feisty. Palace needs points desperately and will hope that Zaha can repeat the form he showed in their last home victory against the champions.
- Ramsey, Aaron (ARS) – Had 5 shots on target last week along with a goal and an assist, it will be a big surprise if he gets dropped by Wenger. He has looked extremely sharp this season.
- Hazard, Eden (CHE) – He is slowly regaining his form and formed a very impressive partnership with Pedro over the weekend.
- Ozil, Mesut (ARS) – Another one that seems to be dusting off his rust, Ozil had a very strong performance last week and combined well with Ramsey and Sanchez.
- Coutinho, Philippe (LIV) – He tried his best to conjure his magic against Spurs but didn’t manage to do so . That said, he has continued to look sharp and will be keen to bounce back from last week’s loss with a good performance against Spurs.
- Kane, Harry (TOT) – With Kane scoring 8 goals in his last 6 games, it is hard to drop him even if Spurs are playing away at Old Trafford.
- Sanchez, Alexis (ARS) – Still not back to full fitness yet, Sanchez showed what he was capable of with a goal and an assist in the game against the Toffees.
- Lacazette, Alexandre (ARS) – He seemed to have also benefited from the return of Ozil and Sanchez and has been given better support from his teammates.
- Salah, Mohamed (LIV) – Seemingly the only bright spark at Anfield this season, Salah has already scored an impressive 5 goals this season. He’s lightning quick to pounce onto any opportunity and Liverpool fans will be expecting that there will be plenty of such chances at Anfield against promoted Huddersfield.
You can also subscribe to our Newsletter via our website to receive weekly updates of our articles.
We also have a featured league in Togga Perfect XI – join us!