With less than 2 weeks to go, the FPL season is finally upon us. GW1 starts on a Friday with 1 game, which may mean a lack of available team news. Nonetheless, all teams will still be finding their feet with incoming and outgoing transfers and it will take a month or two for most teams to have a settled starting 11.
Here’s a look at my current FPL GW1 Squad, which is likely to change up till the GW1 Deadline.
- Kane, Harry (TOT, 12.5m) – Being the top goal scorer for 2 seasons running, Kane is the first name on the teamsheet.
- Lukaku, Romelu (MUN, 11.5m) – Lukaku has a Teams Selected By (TSB) of 48.4%, which makes it scary for me if I do not have him.
- Lacazette, Alexandre (ARS, 10.5m) – Sanchez’s price tag of 12.0m and uncertain future has led me to Lacazette, who would represent a great buy if he replicates his form at Lyon.
- Coutinho, Philippe (LIV, 9.0m) – Among the Liverpool attackers, I fancy Coutinho as he is the most creative among them.
- Richie, Matt (NEW, 6.0m) – Likely to be on free kicks and penalties, he is at a great price.
- Philips, Matt (WBA, 6.0m) – With most of my budget tied up with the forwards, and West Brom having an easier start in terms of fixture, Philips gets into the team.
- Knockaert, Anthony (BHA, 6.0m) – A gamble here but I am going for potential with the Championship Player of the year for 2016/17.
- Loftus-Cheek, Ruben (CRY, 4.5m) – Among the 4.5m bracket for midfielders, he is ranked highest in terms of Teams Selected By (TSB) of 14.9%.
- Trippier, Kieran (TOT, 5.5m) – He is probably the first choice right back with Kyle Walker’s departure and he has shown his potential last year when given time on the pitch.
- Lindelof, Victor (MUN, 5.5m) – Manchester United is another team with an easier start to the season, with Lindelof costing less than Valencia and Bailly.
- Daniels, Charlie (BOU, 5.0m) – Loves to go forward and has the ability to get decent attacking points
- Mee, Ben (BUR, 4.5m) – Burnley home form last season makes him an enticing choice.
- Lascelles, Jamaal (NEW, 4.5m) – Benitez will be defensive in Newcastle’s first season back in the Premier League
- Foster, Ben (WBA, 4.5m) – West Brom early fixtures means that he is very likely to remain in my team.
- Fabianski, Lukasz (SWA, 4.5m) – Swansea alternates well with West Brom in terms of home and away fixtures.
If you like what you read, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter or Instagram!
- FPL season has begun! Join our TITAN Classic league –> 122926-90616
- Also join our FPL DRAFT League (Draft date: 9 Aug) –> 20334-6709