We are in the midst of the international break with 4 game weeks gone.
And the first managerial casualty of the season is Javi Gracia (Watford), with Quique Sanchez Flores appointed.
Gameweek 4 sees only 4 teams with a clean sheet (Palace, Man City, West Ham and Liverpool). Managers who have stuck with a double up of Liverpool defenders would be delighted with Liverpool’s 1st clean sheet of the season. Elsewhere, managers who coughed up the funds, and probably took hits to bring into Aguero (2 goals, 1 assist, 3 bonus points) would also be very happy.
Now, let us take a look who has impressed in the first 4 weeks across all the positions.
- Ederson – 6.1m – 17 points – You get what you pay for, as he has kept 2 clean sheet in 4 games.
- Pope – 4.6m – 15 points – The joint 4th highest points tally among the goalkeepers, he has 1 clean sheet along with 17 saves (2nd in the league).
- Guaita – 5.0m – 15 points – Palace has kept 2 clean sheets at home.
- Van Aanholt – 5.6m – 24 points – 19 goals in the 4 previous seasons is not a bad tally and he already has 2 clean sheets and 1 goal already. If you are short of budget, we like his fellow Palace defenders (Ward – 4.5m, Kelly – 4.1m, Cahill – 4.5m). The only question is who will keep their place with Sakho – 5.0m returning to fitness.
- Digne – 6.1m – 23 points – He is repaying his managers with 2 clean sheets and 2 assists in the first 4 game weeks.
- Alexander-Arnold – 7.1m – 22 points – The most expensive defender with 1 clean sheet and 3 assists. If you are worried about his security of starts once Champions League kick off, Van Dijk – 6.5m would be the person to buy with his whopping 50.8% ownership.
- Sterling – 12.3m – 37 points – 5 goals scored and an ever improving all round game.
- Salah – 12.5m – 36 points – The most expensive player, he looks to have an unquenchable desire to win the golden boot again.
- De Bruyne – 9.8m – 36 points – He started the season on fire and has 1 goal and 5 assists already.
Other midfielders that caught the eye are Mount – 6.4m – 22 points (2 goals and taking most of the set pieces), James – 6.1m – 21 points (3 goals) and Cantwell – 4.8m – 21 points (1 goal and 2 assists)
- Aguero – 12.1m – 40 points – The only player to score in all 4 matches, he is causing a major headache to all the managers that do not have him.
- Pukki – 7.0m – 37 points – 5 goals is not too bad for a player who started the season as a 6.5m forward. He should add to his tally with the upcoming fixtures (MCI, @BUR, @PAL, AST, @BOU, MUN, @BHA, WAT)
- Abraham – 7.2m – 28 points – 4 goals in his last 2 games, it will be interesting to see how many minutes he will play with Chelsea’s Champions League commitment.
Other forwards that caught the eye include Vardy – 8.9m – 28 points (who next face Mun United away and Spurs at home), Barnes – 6.7m – 27 points (4 goals), Haller – 7.5m – 23 points (3 goals in last 2 games) and Wilson – 7.8m – 20 points (1 goal or 1 assist in all the 4 games played).