Fantasy Football Titan continues our selection of League SX picks this week. The numbering convention differs somewhat from other Fantasy games as League SX takes international weeks into account as well. Therefore, welcome to Wk 5!
This week features mid-week European action so as you will see, we have gone out and pick all the players with 2 fixtures. The rationale is simple – two is better than one. Period.
After analysing the game over the international break, we have formulated a game strategy. We have classified all our picks into three distinct categories – the Premiums / the Cores / the Budgets. With a capped budget of 100.0m, no manager can pick a superstar team. The idea is to field a team with a good mix of players from different price ranges.
The Premiums – defined as players who cost 10.0m and above. A manager should seek to have 3 players from this category. Since they are the most expensive lot in the game, it is imperative that all Premiums have two fixtures whenever possible.
- MULLER, Thomas (FC Bayern / 11.5 / Forward)
- LEWANDOSKI, Robert (FC Bayern / 13.0 / Forward)
The Bayern pair is expensive but can you do without either of them? The German giants play Schalke 04 in the Bundesliga before a relative easy home Champions League fixture against debutants FC Rostov.
- IBRAHIMOVIC, Zlatan (Manchester United / 12.0 / Forward)
We say Ibrahimovic will do something special in the Manchester derby. In mid-week United travels to Feyenoord for a Europa League tie so there is a risk he may be rested.
- BALE, Gareth (Real Madrid / 11.5 / Forward)
With CR7 out, Bale is leading the Madrid line and has two home games this week – Osasuna in La Liga and Sporting CP in the Champions League
- SANCHEZ, Alexis (Arsenal / 11.0 / Midfield)
The most expensive midfielder in the game can look forward to better service now that teammate Ozil is back in Action.
The Cores – this refers to the group of players priced from 6.0 to 9.9 in the game. Every manager’s team should consist of a majority of players from this group. We will highly recommend 5.
- Dybala, Paulo (Juventus / 9.5 / Forward) –Dybala is our star pick of the week. After being sent off on international duty for Argentina, we expect the young striker to pick himself up and return to form with his club. Juventus plays Sassuolo in the league before a home Champions League fixture against Sevilla.
- Morata, Alvaro (Real Madrid / 8.5 / Forward) – Just Like Bale, Morata is expected to be given play time over the two games this week.
- Volland, Kevin (Borussia Monchengladbach / 7.9 / Forward)
- Turan, Arda (FC Barcelona / 6.5 / Midfield)
- Benatia, Mehdi (Juventus / 8.5 / Defence)
- Umtiti, Samuel (FC Barcelona / 7.7 / Defence)
- Santon, Davide (Inter Milan / 6.1 / Defence)
- Bell, Stefan (Mainz 05 / 6.7 / Defence) – Bell is Mainz’s captain and the German minnows have two winnable games this week – against 1899 Hoffenhiem and French side AS Saint-Étienne
- Vorm, Michael (Tottenham Hotspur / 6.0 / GK)
- Stegen, Marc Andre Ter (FC Barcelona / 6.0 / GK) – Stegen is an absolute steal at this price for Barcelona. The question is whether he will be rotated out of league or European action like he was when Bravo was still at the club.
- Tatarusanu, Ciprian (Fiorentina / 6.0 / GK) – The Fiorentina custodian is a good call at his price. Unlike Stegen, he will almost definitely play 2 games for his club this week
The Budgets – We believe it is this group of players that make or break your team. Aim to have 3 players from this group and if you manage to unearth cheap gems, it will help you turn the tide and give you the edge over your rivals.
- Pato, Alexandre (Villarreal / 5.2 / Forward) – Pato is our star discovery. He has scored on his debut and look to build on that. His price-tag also makes him irresistible.
- John Guidetti (Celta Vigo / 4.5 / Forward) – Can the Swede replace Nolito? Probably not but at 4.5 and a certain starter, we recommend Guidetti if your budget has been blown on other players.
- Strootman, Kevin (AS Roma / 5.7 / Midfield)
- Balogun, Leon (Mainz 05 / 5.7 / Defence)
- Tomovic, Nenad (Fiorentina / 5.5 / Defence)
- Targett, Matt (Southampton / 5.0 / Defence)
To play the game, create an account at Leaguesx.com!
If you like what you read, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter or Instagram!