It does not come bigger than this in Spain as Real Madrid takes on FC Barcelona in the El-Classico. Not surprisingly, these two sides occupy the top two spots in La Liga but their moods going into the game cannot be more different.
Real Madrid is on a high after defeating Bayern Munich in dramatic, albeit controversial, circumstances with Cristiano Ronaldo grabbing a hattrick en route to his century-mark of goals in European football. They are also three points clear in the table with a game in hand. Barcelona, on the other hand, are down and out after losing the Juventus in the Champions League quarter-final. They are in the Copa del Rey Final but truth be told, that trophy alone is not good enough for Blaugrana.
Real will go into this game knowing that they need not win it but just cannot afford to lose. However, given the rivalry, everyone in the team will be motivated for a victory here.
LeagueSX’s game for this match is simple – just pick 11 players from the two teams within a stipulated budget and the manager with the most points win. Oh, there is also the restriction of a maximum of 7 players from each team. Don’t forget – there are CASH prizes to be won.
With that, we will provide some of our picks across the different positions. Before that, don’t forget that these players are out / doubtful.
|Pepe (injury)||Aleix Vidal Parreu (injury)|
|Neymar Jr (suspension)|
|Gareth Bale||Lionel Messi|
|Raphael Varane||Jordi Alba|
- Marc Andre Ter Stegen (BAR / 7.8m) – We are going with the Barcelona goalie here, simply because he is cheaper and we need to free up cash for other purchases.
- Samuel Umtiti (BAR / 7.2m) – Outside of MSN, Umtiti has been one of the best players in the side this season. He is consistent, pacy and tactically astute. At 23 he has a long to learn but he will be the lynch pin of Barcelona’s defence for a long time to come – the next Puyol perhaps?
- Sergio Ramos (RMA / 8.4m) – Don’t forget that Ramos has already scored 10 goals this term.
- Toni Kroos (RMA / 8.5m) – Kroos is not a cheap player to have but he is the top-scoring midfielder of these two teams and he is a certain starter.
- Ivan Rakitic (BAR / 7.8m) – Barcelona does rotate their midfield a fair bit but Rakitic is likely to play in this game given that he has usually be saved for the big games. He already has 5 goals to his name this term.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (RMA / 14.0m) – The man is on fire and will be difficult to stop, Barcelona or otherwise.
- Luis Suarez (BAR / 13.2m) – With Neymar suspended and Messi doubtful, Suarez is the most obvious choice in the Barcelona front 3.
- Isco (RMA / 7.3m) – Isco is another form player in the Real side and he will be hard to drop, even though Bale may be in contention to play here. The midfielder is enjoying his best scoring season ever.
Login now to leaguesx.com to play! There are much opportunity to win cash prizes along the way. LeagueSX – the new way to play fantasy.