This game week, we play a wildcard. The season is now roughly at its one quarter mark so it kind of makes sense to lock in the wildcard in anticipation of the the game weeks right up to the crazy Christmas season.
Here are some broad principles which we have applied in picking our squad:
- No over-reliance on any one team – in fact we have only picked a maximum of two players from the same team
- No taking chances on City players – We pick two City players who are likely to survive any cull (or so we think)
- Focus on form – We pick form over potential in this squad
- Ederson (MCI | 6.1) – With Liverpool fluttering their back line we believe that Ederson is the best GK to take the squad forward. City already have the most CS (5) to date and even though they are missing numerous defenders, they are ever so likely to keep CS at home.
- Aaron Ramsdale (BOU | 4.5) – Possible to pick a non-playing player here but at 4.5 Ramsdale is a steal. He is the recognised number 1 and when City plays big 6 clubs away, Ramsdale is a good GK to lean back on
- John Lundstram (SHU 4.7) – He is already the player with the biggest prize increase and is now owned by more than a third of all the managers. He is a midfielder, a regular starter and always going forward. Very little left to ask for for a 4.7m defender.
- Matt Doherty (WOL | 6.0) – The darling of last season started the season slowly but is now back to form. He is already on 36 pts at the 10 GW mark, in line to equal or surpass his total tally of 144 last season. With Willy Boly out for a while, Doherty is likely to get much game time.
- Ricardo Pereira (LEI | 6.3) – Other than the two Liverpool wing backs, Pereira is the most valuable full back in the game right now. He is lower in price and is currently outscoring both of the TAA and Robertson. Leicester are playing well and is expected to keep many more Clean Sheets.
- Diego Rico (BOU | 4.2) – Rico is a budget pick currently largely overlooked by FPL managers (TSB – 13%). He is a likely starter, in a Bournemouth side that is organised and always capable of a clean sheet against teams outside the top 6 at home.
- Jamaal Lascelles (NEW | 4.4) – Lascelles is a another budget player for the rainy day. He is a definite starter when fit and Newcastle, whilst struggling to score, is a defensive side.
- Kevin de Bruyne (MCI | 10.2) – KDB is the City outfield player who is the least likely to be rested. His returns to date have already been amazing (2G | 10A) and he will continue to rake up the numbers as long as he stays fit. Also, KDB is a magnet for BPS whenever he plays.
- Sadio Mane (LIV | 11.9) – Mane is the only Liverpool player we have picked. The Reds are winning but have not been exactly firing in all cylinders for the past few GWs. The goalscoring load is much spread out now and as the Reds manage multiple fronts we expect Klopp to start to rotate players in games to come. Also, most other regular Liverpool players are overpriced.
- Mason Mount (CHE | 6.9) – Mount is a must have. He has already started all of his team’s games to date and already has 4 goals and 2 assists. He will continue to improve under Lampard’s tutelage.
- John McGinn (AVL | 5.8) – McGinn’s fiery form had died down a bit in recent weeks but he remains to be Villa’s threat going forward. He has a reputation of scoring game changing goals so he is worth an investment.
- Andriy Yarmolenko (WHU | 6.0) – At this value, it is not easy to find another player as useful as the Ukrainian winger. He regularly gets into the Hammers’ scoring books.
- Jamie Vardy (LEI | 9.3) – At 34, the Leicester forward is still going strong and is the current top pts scorer in FPL. He is a definite starter and the Foxes do not have Europe so Vardy is ever fresh for the Premier League games. Also, he has retired for England so suffice to say, his focus is pretty set on helping FPL managers earn FPL pts.
- Tammy Abraham (CHE | 7.8) – Another steady choice upfront is Abraham. The Chelsea forward is on 8 goals and like Mount, looks set to improve as the season progresses.
- Aaron Connolly (BRI | 4.6) – Connolly is a great budget forward to have in your line up. In the 3 games he has started, he already has accumulated 2 G and 2 A. Brighton are not going to score plenty but always start him if the Seagulls have a home game.
Please join our leagues if you haven’t done so to be part of our community!
Classic Fantasy Premier League Code: effv23