The Premier League reaches its 8th gameweek. None of the top 6 teams play one another this week but the league leaders Liverpool have a very tricky game against in-form Leicester City.
We review all 10 games this time and pick up the trends.
- Brighton have never beaten Spurs in the Premier League (1D 3L)
- Brighton have won just once in their previous 15 league games; they have only scored 8 goals in that run.
- Only Newcastle and Watford have scored fewer goals this term.
- Spurs have failed to win any of their previous 9 Premier League games away from home.
- With 14 goals for, Spurs’ current offensive record is the 3rd best in the league.
- Son Heung-Min (MID | 9.7) has registered at least an assist in each of his previous 4 games.
- Liverpool is undefeated in 8 games against Leicester at home (6W 2D)
- The Reds last tasted defeat at Anfield in Apr 2017, 43 home league games ago
- The last non-Top 6 team to beat Liverpool was Swansea in Jan 2018, 59 games ago
- Liverpool and Leicester have the joint best defensive record (5 conceded, 2 Clean Sheets)
- Van Dijk (DEF | 6.5). Alexander-Arnold (DEF | 7.2) and Robertson (DEF | 6.9) are the only three Liverpool players to have played every minute of every game so far.
- This is Brendan Rodgers’ first meeting against Liverpool since leaving the club in Oct 2015.
- Vardy (FWD | 8.9) is the all-time top scorer in this fixture with 7 goals.
- Maddison (MID | 7.1) has taken 39 corners (1st) in the 6 games in which he has played
- Everton beat Burnley 5-1 in this fixture last season
- Burnley have won 5 and lost 5 of their previous 10 home league games
- Both Everton and Burnley have started with the same GK and back four for their previous 7 game weeks
- Everton have lost their previous 3 league games; they have not lost 4 in a row since the 2014/15 season
- Only 3 teams have fewer goals than Everton’s 6
- Pieters (DEF | 4.8) has a league high of 3 assists for a defender
- Sheffield United have a 100% record against Watford in the Premier League (2W)
- Watford are in dire form – they are the only side yet to win, they have scored the least (4) and conceded the most (20)
- The Hornets’ poor form started last season – they have only won once in their previous 12
- No Watford defender had been involved in any goals to date
- On the contrary, the Blades are a team on form – they have only lost 5 times in 2019 and all of those were by a 1-goal margin
- 10 Sheff United players were involved in all of their 7 games
- Dawson (DEF | 4.9) and Foster (GK | 4.8) are the only two Watford players to play every minute of every game
- Norwich did the double over Villa in the Championship last season
- Norwich’s 15 goals against is the second worst in the league
- Only 3 players have found the net for the Canaries this season
- None of Norwich’s defenders have registered a goal or assist this season; they are also yet to keep a clean sheet
- McGinn’s (MID | 5.8) 38 FPL pts makes him the 6th highest scoring midfielder in the game; he is also the Villa player with most goal contributions (3G 1A)
- West Ham is undefeated against Palace over their previous 8 meetings (4W 4D)
- The Hammers’ 3 clean sheets to date is a league high
- West Ham is also a team on form – they are unbeaten in their previous 6 league games, a run matched only by Liverpool
- Palace have won 7 of their previous 9 league games away from home; those two losses were both against Spurs across two seasons
- In 2019, Palace have only lost to Liverpool and Spurs (twice) away from home in the Premier League
- Games involving Palace have seen a total of just 13 goals, the lowest tally in the league so far
- In the 6 games Ogbonna (DEF | 4.5) have played, the Hammers have let in 4 goals; they let in 5 in that one game in which he did not play
- The Gunners have a 100% record against Bournemouth in the Premier League at the Emirates
- They have also only lost once in their previous 20 home league games
- Arsenal have 19 yellow cards so far (1st) and have also conceded the most penalties (3)
- Bournemouth have only ever beaten one Top 6 side away from home (Chelsea, twice)
- Aubameyang (FWD | 11.0) is the third highest scoring FPL player
- Leno (GK | 5.0) has registered a league high 32 saves but has only kept a single clean sheet to date
- Like Aubameyang, Callum Wilson (FWD | 7.9) has provided at least an assist in every of the 7 games he had played so far
- Man City have dropped a total of 4 pts out of the last possible 69 at home in the Premier League
- City have already utilized 25 players in all competitions this season
- De Bruyne (MID | 10.0) has scored more than 10 FPL pts in each of his team’s previous 3 games at home
- Ederson (GK | 6.1) is the only City player to have played every minute of every game
- Aguero (FWD | 12.2) has never scored against Wolves (Played 2)
- Rui Patricio (GK | 5.1) is the current top scoring GK with 32 points
- Chelsea have only lost once in their previous 7 visits to Southampton (5W 1D 1L)
- Chelsea’s 14 goals for and 13 goals against are both 3rd most in the league
- The Saints have yet to win at home this season, their previous league win at home was in Apr 2019
- Mount (MID | 6.7) has played every minute of Chelsea’s games
- Ings’ (FWD | 6.0) two league goals have come from goalkeeping errors
- Man United have lost just once against Newcastle in their previous 9 meetings
- Newcastle’s 4 league goals is the lowest tally in the league so far
- The Magpies have also taken the least number of shots (64)
- United’s record of 7 goals conceded is the second best in the league
- Almiron (MID | 5.8) has yet to register a goal or assist in his 17 appearances for the club
- De Gea (GK | 5.6), Maguire (DEF | 5.5) and Lindelof (DEF | 5.4) have played every minute of the season
Please join our leagues if you haven’t done so to be part of our community!
Classic Fantasy Premier League Code: effv23