What should you expect this GW? We review GW06 by analysing at several of the key fixtures involving the top clubs of the Premier League.
Chelsea V Liverpool
The pick of the GW06 fixtures is the visit to Stamford Bridge of league leaders Liverpool. Both sides suffered defeats in the Champions League on Tuesday and will look to this tie for redemption.
- Historically, this has one of the most evenly matched fixtures in the Premier League. Of the 54 times they have met, both sides have won 20 ties each (14 draws), with Chelsea outscoring the Reds by 45 to 44.
- Chelsea was one of the seven clubs which Liverpool did not collect full 6 pts from (1-1 at Stamford Bridge)
- Three of the last five meetings had ended in 1-1
- Both sides are struggling to keep clean sheets – Chelsea has none from seven games in all competitions, Liverpool has one from 8
- Mason Mount is out, Ross Barkley likely to come in
Manchester City V Watford
City is looking to steer their Premier league campaign back on track after that defeat at Norwich while Watford remain one of the two sides yet to win in the Premier League this term.
- City has a superb record against the Hornets, winning their last 8 meetings
- Goal difference is 25:4 to City
- Sergio Aguero has 7 goals in this fixture; Raheem Sterling has 6
- John Stones is out, meaning that Nico Otamendi is assured of this starting place
- Benjamin Mendy made his long-awaited return in the Champions League, but may start this game on the bench again
- Sergio Aguero did not play at all in Donetsk on Wednesday, likely to be starter here
Arsenal V Aston Villa
Both teams come into the game having drawn their last.
- Arsenal had won the last five times they had met in the Premier League
- Arsenal’s home record in the last 20 Premier League games is 15W 4D 1L
- PE Aubameyang now has 37 Goals | 9 Assists in 54 games for Arsenal; he has 5 in 5 games this season
- Arsenal’s most expensive signing Nicolas Pepe has yet to register a goal in 5 games; his team has yet to win a game in which he started
- Aston Villa has a league high of 2 Clean Sheets
- The visitors also have the second-best defensive record to date, conceding only 6 times
- However, Villa’s 4 goals scored to date is also the second-worst (only Palace (3) has scored less)
Leicester V Tottenham Hotspur
Both team heads into this meeting on the same points tally, but Spurs exerted themselves considerably in the Champions League having lost a 2-0 lead in Greece to draw 2-2
- Historically, their overall record has been tight, Spurs winning 11 times and Leicester 10 (6D)
- Harry Kane has 11 goals from this fixture, even though he missed their last meeting with an injury
- Spurs had won 4 of their last 5 meetings, outscoring Leicester 17:8
- Eight Leicester players had played in all of Leicester’s six games in all competitions
West Ham United V Manchester United
The Hammers and United enter this fixture on same points tally.
- United has only won once in their last 5 visits to West Ham
- United’s two clean sheets and 4 goals conceded put them as the team with the best defensive record so far
- Marcus Rashford has 18 shots on goal (joint second in the league) but only 6 on target (joint 10th). He has also missed 3 big chances (4th)
- Issa Diop is the only Hammer to have played every minute of every game in all competitions so far this season
Everton V Sheffield United
- Everton have won their last six home Premier League games (scoring 13 goals)
- They have kept 5 clean sheets over that 6 games
- John Lundstram has created 3 big chances (4th)
- Premier League games involving Sheffield United had seen a total of 11 goals to date (2nd least)
- All five of the Blades’ Premier League goals had been scored by different players
Please join our leagues if you haven’t done so to be part of our community!
Classic Fantasy Premier League Code: effv23