The flurry of the January transfer window has finally ended. Despite the relatively quiet transfer window, there are still some gems that you can consider for your fantasy squad that might influence your fortune for the remainder of the season!
1) Ryan Babel (FUL, 5.5) – Journeyman Babel looked like a desperate signing for the Cottagers having splurged over £100mil in the previous transfer window and still ending up in the drop zone. However, he has impressed on his return to the Premier League and has impressed in his first start against Spurs and followed up with 2 assists in his last game. If the Cottagers can stage a mini-revival under Ranieri, he will be a bargain to take at that price.
2) Oumar Niasse (CAR, 5.0) – Another one for the bargain books, the Bluebirds have tried desperately to improve their firepower this window with the ill-fated record signing of Sala and Niasse. Now that they do not have the services of Sala any longer, Niasse looks likely to be starting regularly and is a fantastic option to take for that price having already proven his ability to score goals in the Premier League previously with both Hull City and Everton.
3) Nathaniel Clyne (BOU, 4.4) – One of the best right backs in the league during his heydays, Clyne has been bogged down by injuries in the past few seasons and Klopp has reluctantly allowed him to go on loan to get some regular playing time and with the Cherries, it’s likely that he will stay first choice right back for the rest of the season. The Cherries seems to be hitting form at the right moment including an emphatic 4-0 victory over Chelsea, so Clyne might be an astute purchase to hold on to for the remaining season.
4) Gonzalo Higuain (CHE, 9.5) – Call him a gold digger, call him fat or you can call him whatever you want, but the reality is having offloaded Batshuayi and not gotten anyone else in during this transfer window, Chelsea is left with only 2 senior strikers in the squad in Higuain and Giroud and Hazard is not keen to play in that false 9 role. As such, unless Higuain gets injured, you will really expect him to be starting regularly for Chelsea and surely he can score more than Giroud??
5) Miguel Almiron (NEW, 6.0) – For Toon Army fans, you only need to wait about 13 years for your transfer record to be broken again, but there’s reason for you to smile with this purchase. Almiron was one of the standout players of Atlanta United’s successful MLS season and has contributed 22 goals and 30 assists in 68 games for them. If he can replicate part of his form in the EPL, then he will be a steal at 6 million dollars!
6) Mitchi Batshuayi (CRY, 6.0) – Palace is one of those teams where they have a strong core but have yet to find consistency at the top and at the bottom. They have been buying and changing their goalkeepers and strikers for the past few seasons but what they really have been lacking for the past few seasons is a 10 goal a season striker and Batshuayi might just be the solution for them finally. He’s faster than Benteke and suits their style probably better, so it might be worth taking him as an alternative purchase for the remaining season.
Feel free to post your comments below or challenge us. You can send in your squad and ask for feedback. We would even welcome anyone who thinks they are good enough to challenge us.