If you have not used your wild card, then congratulations to you as you are probably doing quite well and haven’t had the need to perform surgery on your squad. Nonetheless, we have come up with a wild card squad for you to consider at a budget of 100.4m.
We have gone top heavy with 3 pricey forwards instead of spreading the budget around. This offers us the flexibility in case we need to beef up on other areas. One major deficiency with this team would be the lack of Manchester City players, where their defenders are too expensive for our liking and their attacking players too prone to rotation. One possible solution to accommodate Manchester City players would be to drop Morata for Abraham and upgrade Choupo-Moting to De Bruyne.
- De Gea, David (MUN, 5.7m) – With Phil Jones often an injury doubt, we think De Gea could be a good option as he can combine clean sheets with save points.
- Elliot, Rob (NEW, 4.2m) – Elliot gets the nod as he is cheap and guaranteed to start every game. Else, if your budget allows, Pope (BUR, 4.5m) would be a better choice.
- Maguire, Harry (LEI, 5.1m) – He has continued last season attacking form and has chipped in with 1 goal and 3 assists so far.
- Mee, Ben (BUR, 4.5m) – A good budget buy for a defensively solid team.
- Daniels, Charlie (BOU, 4.9m) – We are counting on him more for attacking returns together with the occasional clean sheet points.
- Duffy, Shane (BRI, 4.5m) – He looks a good choice as Brighton has looked solid defensively at home.
- Zanka (HUD, 4.6m) – With most of our budget tied up in forwards, we are recommending him to balance the budget.
- Salah, Mohamed (LIV, 9.4m) – In electric form since the start of the season.
- Gross, Pascal (BRI, 5.7m) – A solid player in this price range.
- Zaha, Wilfried (PAL, 6.8m) – Since he returned from injury, he has looked sharp and has promising fixtures coming up.
- Choupo-Moting, Eric Maxim (STK, 5.7m) – He has done well for Stoke. If you have the budget, other options to consider would be Richarlison (WAT,6.4m) or Shaqiri (STK,5.9m).
- Milivojevic, Luka (PAL, 4.6m) – We actually like Ruben Loftus-Cheek (PAL, 4.5m). But with his latest injury, we are recommending Milivojevic as he takes penalties for Palace.
- Lukaku, Romelu (MUN, 11.5m) – His reputation as a flat track bully swayed our decision to go for him vs the pricier Aguero who probably will share the minutes with Jesus for the season.
- Kane, Harry (TOT, 12.8m) – It is more out of fear that he is chosen. Perhaps, he could be the captain whenever Spurs play away from home.
- Morata, Alvaro (CHE, 10.3m) – Being the focal point of attack for Chelsea, he should score goals throughout the season.
Uncertain about your squad? Or maybe you would like your squad to be rated? Just post your provincial squad in the comments and The Titan will try his best to advise and answer all your queries.
If you like what you read, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter or Instagram!
- Join our TITAN Classic league –> 122926-90616