GW 10 has just passed us. After 10 weeks, I’m sure some of you are languishing in mid-table or near the bottom of your respective leagues. Those ‘sure good’players that you have picked out at the start of the season just haven’t worked out, have they? It’s time you cut your losses and look elsewhere, especially when we now have a better idea who would be better choices. If you hold on to those poor performing players when others are dumping them, you will lose even more value on them and that will affect your overall budget. Time to use your wildcard and catch up on the league leaders!
I suspect most of you would have less than the full budget of 100m after all the wrong picks and the loss of value of your players. This squad picked out only cost 98.9m so I’m sure all of you should be able to pick up these players. On top of that, it’s good to always keep some spare change so that you have something with work with when you try to bring in your future transfers.
Cheap and good would be the way to go for me. I don’t see value in splurging on expensive keepers like De Gea. He’s good and would likely give you clean sheets but keepers that make a lot of saves caa earn you a lot of points too.
- Pope, Nick (BUR, 4.5m)– With Heaton out for a long while, he would be a good pick. Burnley are decent at Turf Moor and he makes a good number of saves too.
- Elliot, Rob (NEW, 4.2m)– He remains the cheapest goalkeeper that is guaranteed to start every game. And I think Newcastle are quite tight at the back, especially at St James’ Park.
My strategy for defenders is slightly different. I would give myself 3 defenders from the top teams who are guaranteed to start and whose teams have the meanest defence. I would then pick 2 other cheap defenders who might get me clean sheets from time to time too.
- Jones, Phil (MUN, 5.2m)– He’s a shoo-in when he’s fit. United have the meanest defence to date and he’s the cheapest option among their defenders.
- Walker, Kyle (MCI, 6.6m)– Manchester City is looking more solid in defence this season and with Pep, their strategy of “Attack is the best form of defence” is working out well for them too. To top it off, he chips in with a good number of assists too.
- Lowton, Matthew (BUR, 4.5m)– A good budget buy for a defensively solid team. Joint tightest defence in the league outside the top 3.
- Lascelles, Jamaal (NEW, 4.7m)– Another cheap and decent choice. Joint 4th tightest defence in the league. Chips in with goals too.
- Vertonghen, Jan (TOT, 6.0m)– Spurs had the meanest defence last season and are still up there this time round. He’s my pick cos they can rotate their full backs now that all of them are available so they are not guaranteed to start every game.
We all know that week in week out, your captain’s pick is the most important one as it gives you double points. With that in mind, we need to choose a few value for money midfielders and forwards, and plonk the rest of our budget on our captain and vice-captain.
- Richarlison de Andrade (WAT, 6.4m)– Watford looks like a decent team under Marco Silva. He’s been involved in most of the good play that Watford has come up and he plays in a very advanced role. He already has 3 goals and 4 assists to his name this season.
- Richie, Matt (NEW, 5.9m)– He takes penalties, free-kicks and corners for Newcastle and comes cheap. Best choice in my eyes.
- Gross, Pascal (BRI, 5.8m)– He’s been involved in almost every single goal that Brighton has scored and he comes cheap. He already has 2 goals and 5 assists this term.
- Salah, Mohamad (LIV, 9.2m)– Liverpool can score, even when they are up against the top teams in the league. Salah has shown that he scores a lot and midfielders score more points than forwards when they do. And it’s less likely for him to be dropped with Mane out of action.
- Mooy, Aaron (HUD, 5.6m)– He takes set pieces for Huddersfield and isn’t too expensive.
- Aguero, Sergio (MCI, 11.8m)– Man City boasts the most lethal attack in the league and I don’t expect him to be dropped in such a big game. Although Arsenal are no pushovers, I think they won’t be able to stop the City train. However, I would likely bring in the similarly priced Lukaku for him next week as United has 2 relatively easier home games after the international break.
- Kane, Harry (TOT, 12.6m)– He’s almost never rested or dropped whenever he’s fit. Next up, Spurs have a good run of games, especially 2 london derbies in the next 3 games. And we all know Kane’s frightening record is derbies.
- Abraham, Tammy (SWA, 5.9m)– Cheap. Guaranteed starter. Already has 4 goals and 1 assist to his name. Sure buy!
If you like what you read, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter or Instagram!
- Join our TITAN Classic league –> 122926-90616