THREE weeks gone, 35 weeks more to go. There has been a lot of discussion whether this is a good time to play the wildcard. For squads who has invested in Kane (yes, he blanked again in August), De Bruyne (is he worth 10.0m), Aguero and Jesus (who is going to play week in week out), Kolasinac and Lacazette (does Wenger trust the 2 players he brought in), this might be a sensible move. Hence, we came up with a Wildcard team for your reference, if you are thinking of playing the wildcard.
- Fabianski, Lukasz (SWA, 4.5m) – Two clean sheets in 3 games and has a nice run of fixtures.
- Elliot, Rob (NEW, 4.0m) – He cost only 4.0m and plays under Benitez who knows how to set up his team well defensively.
- Jones, Phil (MUN, 5.1m) – The cheapest option to get into the Manchester United defence.
- Cedric, Soares (SOU, 5.0m) – Southampton still has a good run of fixtures and he cost 0.5m less than Bertrand.
- Mee, Ben (BUR, 4.5m) – We are hoping that Burnley can continue to show their strong home form as per last season.
- Dawson, Craig (WBA, 5.0m) – Perhaps a strange choice as Hegazi has been grabbing the headlines but we are worried about Hegazi starting position once McAuley is back from injury.
- Naughton, Kyle (SWA, 4.5m) – With a settled back four, we think doubling up with Swansea defence can pay dividends. If not, Schindler from Huddersfield could be an option if we want to diversify this potential risk.
- Mkhitaryan, Henrikh (MUN, 8.3m) – His likelihood to pick up bonus points leads us to choose Mkhitaryan over Pogba.
- Eriksen, Christian (TOT) – Set piece specialist, we favour Eriksen slightly over Alli.
- Carroll, Tom (SWA, 4.5m) – With Sigurdsson gone, he has taken over set piece duty and is a great budget buy.
- Ritchie, Matt (NEW, 5.9m) – He has come close to scoring in his last 2 games and Newcastle has some good fixtures coming up.
- Mooy, Aaron (HUD, 5.7m) – It was a toss-up between him, Richarlison and Jese but Mooy gets the nod as he is on set-pieces and possibly penalties.
- Lukaku, Romelu (MUN, 11.7m) – Yes he missed a penalty but he is probably going to score more goals than last season playing in a Manchester United team who has impressed so far.
- Firmino, Roberto (LIV, 8.6m) – First choice striker for the team who probably has the best front 3 in attack.
- Kane, Harry (TOT, 12.5m) – August has ended and he scored 2 goals for England. He knows he will have to make up for lost time if he wants to win the golden boot for the 3rd season running.
If you like what you read, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter or Instagram!
- FPL season has begun! Join our TITAN Classic league –> 122926-90616