The second double gameweek bonanza is also the penultimate weekend of the 2017/18 Premier League season. We expect FPL managers to be in one of three situations by this time of the season – 1) defending a lead at the top of the table 2) part of the chasing part 3) fallen way behind.
Being in different situations warrant different strategies this GW. There are of course a myriad of ways to play this but we recommend that 1) if you are defending a lead, go for safe picks an avoid differentials. If you are 2) chasing the leader, the reverse must be true – time to throw in some risky picks into the pot and take a good shot at it. If you fall into category 3), why not take an early break, hit the beach and freshen up for next season.
This week, we offer a set of safe picks and a set of differential picks.
- David de Gea (MNU / GK / 5.9m) – with Romero still out of action, de Gea should play the remaining league games to prepare for the FA Cup Final
- Antonio Valencia (MNU/ DF / 6.9m) – pricey choice but like de Gea, Valencia looks set to play the remaining fixtures and United look good for at least 2 clean sheets.
- Aymeric Laporte (MCI / DF / 5.1m) – City can technically play anyone at this stage but January signing Laporte is a good bet to play their remaining fixtures as Pep evaluates his suitability for next term.
- Macros Alonso (CHE / DF / 7.1m) – safe picks come with a price and Alonso is a good pick. Coming back from suspension, Chelsea has three winnable games.
- Christian Eriksen (TOT/ MF / 9.6m) – Eriksen is the 4th most selected (19%) midfielder and do his best to help team mate Harry Kane to the Golden Boot (including giving up goals!)
- Harry Kane (TOT / FW / 13.0m) – Kane is owned by 36% of the managers so is a safe pick, you need to have him in case he does something crazy like score 7 goals in his last two games (which he did last year!)
- Gabriel Jesus (MCI / FW / 10.4m) – City’s only recognised striker will play in all their remaining games.
- Edersen (MCI / GK / 5.9m) – City has three easy games to end their season. Edersen is a differential pick because Claudio Bravo can be picked in front of him. Slight risk but could potential have three clean sheets to end the season
- Kyle Naughton (SWA / DF / 4.6m) – Naughton is a good DEF to have if you want to save the cash for attacking players.
- Aaron Cresswell (WHU / DF / 4.9m) – West Ham still the points so Cresswell should start in their remaining games. Also take some set-pieces.
- Marko Arnautovic (WHU / MF / 7.0m) – The Hammers need strong performances from the Austrian to stay up.
- Dusan Tadic (SOU / MF / 6.2m) – 3 goals in his last 2, can be the Saints’ talisman if they are to stay up.
- Aaron Mooy (HUD / MF / 5.2m) – Three nightmare fixtures for Huddersfield but Mooy is a cheap option to bench.
- Ilkay Gündogan (MCI / MF / 5.4m) – Has started in City’s last four games and look set to continue as David Silva is said to be granted extended leave.
- Marcus Rashford (MNU / FW / 7.3m) – With Lukaku unfit and Martial seemingly out of the door, Rashford may play a starring role in the remaining three games.
- Olivier Giroud (CHE / FW / 8.3m) – Has started Chelsea’s last two and he does score when he gets game time.
Feel free to post your comments below or challenge us. You can send in your squad and ask for feedback. We would even welcome anyone who thinks they are good enough to challenge us.