It is the penultimate weekend of the Premier League and for FPL managers will be one of these three positions 1) leading the table and needing to protect the lead 2) chasing a pack leader or 3) all hopes have been lost. Different situations dictates different strategies – if you are leading, you will be safer to pick some must-haves and not take too many risks. If you are chasing, then it make senses to go deep on the differential picks – after all, second place is the first loser.
If all hopes are lost, perhaps it is best to have a combination of the two strategies and prepare to enjoy the summer while preparing for the next season.
We look across the positions have list out some must-haves and differentials for the remaining two games of the season.
- Alisson (LIV | 5.9m) – Liverpool have three clean sheets in a row and with the title race still on, they are a good bet to collect another two (@NEW | vWOL).
- Kepa (CHE | 5.4m) – Chelsea still have top 4 to play for and are at home to Watford and away to Leicester, both teams which are settling for mid-table.
- Rico (FUL | 4.4m) – Fulham are on a row – 9 points and 3 clean sheets from their last 3 games. Playing without fear and stress, the team is finally achieving what they should have and Rico has an outside chance of keeping another 2 clean sheets.
- Alexander-Arnold (LIV | 5.7m) – to be fair other Liverpool defenders are enticing too but TAA offers a bit more going forward and he is cheaper than Andy Robertson.
- Laporte (MCI | 6.2m) – Will City slip up? Regardless, Laporte makes a solid pick as he is undroppable.
- Kyle Walker (MCI | 6.4m) – Walker is another solid City pick and have been raking up BPs over the previous two games.
- Azpilicueta (CHE | 6.4m) – The Chelsea captain is rock solid and although his assists and goals are on the lower end this season, he could be a good differential.
- Wan-Bissaka (CRY | 4.6m) – The Palace man is still a cheap option to have at the back and his side plays Cardiff and Bournemouth, both winnable games.
- Valery (SOU | 4.1m) – Very attractive differential to have at his price and the Saints play West Ham and Huddersfield.
- Mane (LIV | 10.2m) – It can be argued that Salah is the must-have player but at 13.3m it would not be easy to afford him without sever sacrifices elsewhere. Mane is equally capable of scoring.
- Hazard (CHE | 10.9m) – All signs point to a summer exit for the Belgian but he should deliver in his final 2 games for his club.
- Son (TOT | 8.9m) – Son may not be a popular pick as Spurs still have that second leg of the Champions League Semi but with top 4 not secure, we expect Son to play the remaining two league games.
- Redmond (SOU | 5.4m) – Redmond’s form has been picking up and will be a good differential here.
- Pogba (MNU | 8.5m) – A lot of FPL managers will find United players difficult to trust but United’s final two games are against Cardiff and Huddersfield. Surely two wins and two clean sheets?
- Aguero (MCI | 11.9m) – Aguero is the man of the hour and relishes the pressure.
- Mitrovic (FUL | 6.3m) – It seems that the Serb is suddenly enjoying his game again and will look to two solid displays in hope of securing a summer transfer back to the Premier League.
- Lukaku (MNU 10.7m) – Rashford is not 100% and though not at his best, the Belgian forward is one of the few United players with the ability to score and create.
Also check out our team of the year
Feel free to post your comments below or challenge us. You can send in your squad and ask for feedback.