The first mega double gameweek is upon us. This week, a total of eight teams will play twice as the Premier League reaches its crescendo, at least in FPL terms. We have decided to play a wildcard this week for the purpose of the article, noting that we had previously advised to utilise the wildcard a week before this, so that other chips like Triple Captain or Bench Boost can be played this week.
- De Gea, David (MUN, 5.9m)– Investment in a solid GK is key to finishing the season on a high.
- Pope, Nick (BUR, 4.8m) – Heaton may be back but Pope is way too on-form to be dropped now.
- Duffy, Shane (BHA, 4.6m)– Sure starter and Brighton is solid at home
- Chilwell, Ben (LEI, 4.4m) – Leicester do not play the top 6 until the last two games.
- Ward, Stephen (BUR, 4.7m) – Burnley has a Europa spot to play for.
- Smalling, Chris (MNU, 5.5m) – Value for money United defender. May not start every game but good to have.
- Mawson, Alfie (SWA, 5.1m) – Mawson is playing for his England World Cup slot so expect strong showing from him.
- Gross, Pascal (BHA, 5.9m)– Gross looks good to end the season on a high, with top clubs already eyeing his services.
- Willian (CHE, 7.2m)– Willian is getting the games and always look more consistent than his more expensive counterparts (Fabregas / Hazard)
- Albrighton, Marc (LEI, 5.6m)– Regular starter now for the Foxes, not as prolific as Mahrez but worth it at this price.
- Alli, Dele (SPU, 8.9m)– If I were to splurge on one midfielder, it would be Alli. He is on-form and playing for his England starting XI spot.
- Tadic, Dusan (SOU, 6.2m)– A differential here. If the Saints are to stay up, Tadic is key.
- Lukau, Romelu (MNU, 11.4m)– Not likely to be rested with United having nothing other than FA Cup to play for. Top contender to TC on GW34.
- Barnes, Ashley (BUR, 5.4m)– In-form striker; 4 goals in last 5
- Kane, Harry (SPU, 12.8m) – We know Kane is desperate for the Golden Boot so he is a must have for the run-in. FYI, his end-season scoring form is typically amazing.
Feel free to post your comments below or challenge us. You can send in your squad and ask for feedback. We would even welcome anyone who thinks they are good enough to challenge us.