This week’s article is brought to you by FF Hobbit. You probably would have played some form of a chip in the last few gameweeks by now, or like some, you might have even fully exhausted them all by now!
As per our previous articles, this is a double game week (but only for Brighton & Cardiff), so it’s totally fine to play your normal squad but with next week being a double game week for 8 teams, this might be the best time to play your wildcard and then bench boost in the following week.
- Ryan (BHA) – 4.4m – 2 home games for a gk with a double game week. Big doubt that Brighton can keep a clean sheet having kept only 5 all season, but might be worth a bet for those wanting to differentiate their squad.
- Heaton (BUR) – 4.8m – Potential decider on whether Cardiff survives the drop if at all. Burnley’s recent form has been good, so good value at that price.
- Lloris (TOT) – 5.4m – 2nd home game back at White Hart Lane, Spurs should be comfortable at home against a struggling Huddersfield side looking to break the record for the least amount of points in the Premier League.
- Duffy (BHA) – 4.7m – Barring 4 games, he has played every single minute this season for the Seagulls, so if your strategy is on getting as many double gameweek players, then he’s probably one of the best picks.
- Lindelof (MNU) – 5.0m – A bit of a surprise when he was rested for the game against the Hornets, the Red Devils are at home against a Hammers side with nothing much to play for and they have a double game week coming up next in week 35.
- Pereira (LEI) – 5.2m – 2 goals and 7 assists so far puts him amongst the top 10 defenders in the FPL and the Foxes have enjoyed a mini resurgence under Brendan Rodgers, winning their last 4 games.
- Rose (TOT) – 5.8m – Pochettino has tinkered quite a bit with his formation given the multiple competitions Spurs had been involved in, but Rose has been getting much more minutes this season in comparison to Davies so will be a better bet to take at his price if you fancy a Spurs defender playing at home against the goal-shy Terriers who has scored only a paltry 19 goals in 33 games.
- Son (TOT) – 8.5m – A toss up between him and the more expensive Eriksen given that Pochettino does like to rotate his squad, but having impressed in his last outing with the opening goal back at White Hart Lane, he gets the nod.
- Sterling (MCI) – 11.5m – Was rested in the last game week but don’t expect him to be rested much more in the run up to the end. He’s the third highest FPL scorer and will be keen to avenge their earlier season loss to the Eagles.
- Maddison (LEI) – 6.9m – Back scoring and enjoying proper game time, he’s good value at that price.
- Pogba (MUN) – 8.7m – Having gone through a purple patch, he has been firing blanks for the past few games. With the double game week coming up and the run up to the end of the season, it might actually be a very good time to pick him again now that his price has fallen.
- Vardy (LEI) – 9.1m – 8 goals in the last 8 games makes Vardy the most in form striker out of the top 6 at the moment.
- Lukaku (MUN) – 10.8m – A toss up between him and Rashford who is trying to shake off an ankle injury. Would have preferred Rashford at his price but decided to go for Lukaku in the end as it might mean that Rashford might not feature for all the remaining games.
- Jimenez (WOL) – 6.8m – Whilst the Saints have improved a lot in recent games, Jimenez is on fire and will not be expected to be rested much now that Wolves are knocked out of the FA Cup.
Feel free to post your comments below or challenge us. You can send in your squad and ask for feedback.