The announcement of the fixtures placed in the double gameweek 34 (DGW34) caught some FPL managers by surprise. Only Burnley has a DGW34 and a fixture in gameweek 35, which has made Burnley players very attractive if your FPL team has no Free Hit chip. In addition, most managers who still has their 2nd wildcard will either look to use it this gameweek or next gameweek to bring in players in preparation of the upcoming DGWs.
With that, here are our recommendations on who you can look to bring in.
- De Gea, David (MUN, 5.9m, TSB 43.5%) – The most selected goalkeeper with the highest score as well.
- Cech, Petr (ARS, 5.3m, TSB 4.4%) – Arsenal has an enticing run of fixtures till the end of the season with only MUN (away) and LEI (away) looking the more difficult fixtures.
- Dubravka, Martin (NEW, 4.5m, TSB 0.4%) – He has been solid since he came into the side and has 2 clean sheet in the 4 games he has played.
- Schmichel, Kasper (LEI, 5.0m, TSB 4.7%) – If you are not going to buy De Gea, you can consider him as LEI faces only TOT (away) and ARS (home) in their final 8 games.
- Alonso, Marcos (CHE, 7.2m, TSB 19.4%) – The most expensive defender, his form is not great but the damage he can do is frightening if he is not in your team.
- Lascelles, Jamaal (NEW, 4.7m, TSB 8.5%) – At less than 5.0m, we like him as he presents a strong goal threat.
- Tarkowski, James (BUR, 4.5m, TSB 3.1%) – Any Burnley defender would be a great addition but he gets the nod for his price and security of starts.
- Mustafi, Shkodran (ARS, 5.4m, TSB 3.3%) – He brings with him a goal threat and good chance of a clean sheet.
- Bailly, Eric (MUN, 6.0m, TSB 5.8%) – If you are looking to double up on MUN defender, he looks assured of a starting place.
- Mawson, Alfie (SWA, 5.1m, TSB 3.8%) – Mawson is the first name when you think of SWA defenders but you can consider Fernandez/Naughton if your budget is tight.
- Salah, Mohamed (LIV, 10.7m, TSB 62.4%) – He must be in your team even though he has no DGWs.
- Sterling, Raheem (MCI, 8.6m, 18.1%) – Having a fantastic season with 15 goals and 11 assists so far. Beware of squad rotation once Man City secures the league title.
- Mahrez, Riyad (LEI, 8.9m, 11.0%) – He has scored/assisted in 11 of his last 14 starts sandwiched between his failed transfer request.
- Son, Heung-Min (TOT, 8.3m, TSB 15.1%) – Probably the 2nd best winger in the league behind Salah. He could be given a more central attacking role with Kane injured.
- Gross, Pascal (BHA, 6.0m, 17.1%) – With 5 goals and 8 assists, he could be the most value for money player among the midfielders.
- Hazard, Eden (CHE, 10.6m, TSB 7.0%) – Hazard is the obvious choice among the Chelsea midfielders. However, if you cannot afford him, Willian could be the one at more than 3m cheaper.
- Kenedy (NEW, 4.7m, TSB 1.3%) – The bargain choice for me. A favourite of Benitez and he has started the last 4 games.
- Lukaku, Romelu (MUN, 11.4m, TSB 25.9%) – Almost certain to start every game and has 2 DGWs coming up.
- Aubameyang, Pierre-Emerick (ARS, 10.6m, TSB 8.6%) – Will start for Arsenal as he is cup-tied for Europe.
- Vardy, Jamie (LEI, 8.8m, TSB 20.0%) – If you cannot afford both Lukaku and Aubameyang, Vardy presents a mid-priced option for you to consider.
- Murray, Glenn (BHA, 6.0m, TSB 6.4%) – 5 goals in his last 7 games should ensure his starting place for the near future.