The first double gameweek of the season. Everton has home games against Wolves and Man City while Man City plays at home against Arsenal and away to Everton. Managers who have the Free Hit (FH) chip will be tempted to use it. The pro for using the FH chip is that you can have 6 players who play 2 games including your captain. The con is that you will not have this chip when the next double gameweeks come along, where it is likely that more than 2 teams will be involved. Therefore, we recommend that you keep your FH chip and instead bring in players who will most likely play 2 games in Gameweek 25.
Everton – WOL, MCI
- Pickford (5.0m, TSB 13.5%) – Confirmed starter and you will be hoping for a clean sheet at home to Wolves and save points against City
- Sigurdsson (7.4m, TSB 7.3%) – Designated penalty taker who has 4 double digits haul this season.
- Richarlison (6.8m, TSB 25.7%) – A favourite of the manager, his ownership is high which can hurt you if you don’t have him.
Another alternative would be Keane (5.3m), who has a team high 14 bonus points.
Manchester City – ARS, @EVE
- Ederson (5.6m, TSB 21.0%) – If Man City keeps two clean sheet, he will propel you up the rankings.
- Sane (9.7m, TSB 18.9%) – Based on current form, he is probably the best choice given his price tag.
- Fernandinho (5.3m, TSB 3.9%) – Given his importance to the team, he should start both games but nobody can second guess Pep.
There are many alternative choices in the Man city team like Aguero, Jesus, De Bruyne and Sterling but all of them carry the risk of rotation.
Feel free to post your comments below or challenge us. You can send in your squad and ask for feedback. We would even welcome anyone who thinks they are good enough to challenge us.