GW19 is the traditional Boxing Day bonanza for the Premier League. With Liverpool leading the table by 4 points over Christmas (and yes, we have already heard it said a million times), we have decided to focus instead on the bottom 6 this GW.
After the turn of the year, it would be a real fight for these teams and there will be no surprise that a couple of them will go on winning runs that will save them from relegation. Players from the bottom six clubs will also offer value, compared to the big guns at the top.
- Total team value = 76
- Average team value = 5.1
- Martin Dubravka (NEW| 5.0m) – The Magpies’ custodian is great value at 5.0. Newcastle has conceded the least among all the teams in the bottom half of the table at Christmas and they already have 6 Clean Sheets to date.
- Joe Hart (BUR| 4.5m) – Another great bargain. Burnley may have been shipping easy goals but Hart’s 75 saves is a season high.
- Jamaal Lascelles (NEW| 4.7m) – Best value of all the Newcastle defenders, a sure starter when fit.
- Cédric Soares (SOU| 4.4m) – Southampton’s fortunes appear to be turning under new management and although they have yet to keep a clean sheet under Ralph Hasenhuttl, you sense that it is coming soon.
- Sol Bamba (CAR| 4.5m) – Bamba is the soul and heart of the Cardiff side and has already scored twice this season.
- Christopher Schindler (HUD| 4.4m) – For the Terriers, clean sheets are at a premium but Schindler is a good bet to have for he is the most attack minded defender in the Huddersfield back line.
- James Tarkowski (BUR| 4.7m) – The club skipper already has 3 goals to his name.
- Nathan Redmond (SOU| 5.2m) – Saints are the top scorers in the bottom six and you do sense that they will continue to score in this new style of football. Redmond, with all his running and endeavour, may be a strong beneficial.
- André Schürrle (FUL| 5.7m) – The German is listed as a midfielder but he plays upfront. He has already scored 5 times for the bottom side but fitness remains his long term concern.
- Johann Berg Gudmundsson (BUR| 5.7m) – A current injury concern but Gudmundsson is a good long-term pick. He will continue to chip in the assists.
- Víctor Camarasa (CAR| 4.6m) – The Spanish is a regular set-piece taker for his club and offers super value at his price.
- Philip Billing (HUD| 4.5m) – With Mooy out for 3 months, Billing will be a regular in the Huddersfield midfield and hopefully a source of their goals.
- Danny Ings (SOU| 5.5) – Ings already has 7 goals to his name this term and is the team’s designated penalty taker. If he stays fit, he is worth having in your team throughout the season.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic (FUL| 6.7) – The Serb may not have scored since GW13 but he remains the Cottagers’ main threat going forward. His goal scoring form will literally determine if his stays up.
- Salomón Rondón (NEW| 5.9) – A decent forward with a decent Premier League record, Rondon already has 4 goals and 2 assists thus far.
Feel free to post your comments below. You can send in your squad and ask for feedback. We would even welcome anyone who thinks they are good enough to challenge us.