The new season is finally upon us with less than a week to go. The first squad is always the hardest to choose, and it is all the more difficult following a World Cup.
With that, here are our recommendations, as well as some alternatives at about the same price range.
- Ederson (MCI, 5.5m, TSB 17.1%) – The fact that he didn’t play any part in the Community Shield is a slight concern but surely Pep cannot start Bravo in goal.
- Begovic, Asmir (BOU, 4.5m, TSB 5.0%) – He complements Ederson well and has a nice run of fixtures.
Other goalkeepers to consider are Alisson (LIV, 5.5m, 13.2%), Pickford (EVE, 5.0m, TSB 22.3%), Ryan (BHA, 4.5m, TSB 6.3%) and Fabianski (WHU, 4.5m, TSB 21.7%).
- Robertson, Andrew (LIV, 6.0m, TSB 15.2%) – His marauding displays last season makes him an almost essential choice.
- Lowton, Matthew (BUR, 5.0m, TSB 1.0%) – Any of the Burnley defenders at 5.0m (including Mee and Tarkowski) would be a good choice but we recommend him for his attacking potential.
- Tomkins, James (CRY, 4.5m, TSB 10.4%) – He shown last season that he has an eye for a goal.
- Cedric, Soares (SOU, 4.5m, TSB 15.1%) – A Southampton defender could be a good choice and he is the cheapest of them.
- Duffy, Shane (BHA, 4.5m, 2.0%) – Brighton has a good home record and could get some clean sheets against easier opponents.
Other defenders to consider are Mendy (MCI, 6.0m, 6.1%), Bailly (MUN, 5.5m, TSB 7.0%), Van Dijk (LIV, 6.0m, TSB 16.2%), Schindler (HUD, 4.5m, TSB 3.6%), Bertrand (SOU, 5.0m, TSB 6.0%) and Hoedt (SOU, 4.5m, TSB 0.3%)
- Salah, Mohamed (LIV, 13.0m, TSB 51.7%) – Yes, he is expensive but with more than 50% ownership, it is a big risk to go without him for GW1.
- Mahrez, Riyad (MCI, 9.0m, TSB 4.3%) – With the benefit of no World Cup, we prefer him over other Man City midfielders.
- Gross, Pascal (BHA, 7.0m, TSB 9.5%) – His price has gone up but it is deservedly so.
- Gudmundsson, Johann Berg (BUR, 6.0m, TSB 2.3%) – A value pick who can do a good job for 6.0m.
- Stephens, Dale (BHA, 4.5m, TSB 11.6%) –For the cheap 5th midfielder, he is the most likely to play.
Other midfielders to consider are Eriksen (TOT, 9.5m, TSB 17.1%), Mane (LIV, 9.5m, TSB 14.7%), Sigurdsson (EVE, 7.5m, TSB 2.2%), Milivojevic (CRY, 6.5m, TSB 11.2%), Jota (WOL, 6.5m, TSB 6.3%), Cairney (FUL, 5.0m, TSB 3.1%), Neves (WOL, 5.0m, TSB 14.4%) and Romeu (SOU, 4.5m, TSB 2.9%)
- Aubameyang, Pierre-Emerick (ARS, 11.0m, TSB 22.6%) – He seems nailed on to play week in week out as compared to Aguero with Jesus back already.
- Arnautovic, Marko (WHU, 7.0m, TSB 25.4%) – He is on fire pre-season and we fancy him to continue his goal scoring display.
- Zaha (TOT, 7.0m, TSB 31.2%) – Superb value at this price range but he could move before the transfer deadline.
Other forwards to consider are Aguero (MCI, 11.0m, TSB 21.2%), Firmino (LIV, 9.5m, TSB 35.4%) and Tosun (EVE, 7.0m, TSB 7.9%).
For now, the 15 selected are Ederson, Begovic, Robertson, Lowton, Tomkins, Cedric, Duffy, Salah, Mahrez, Gross, Gudmundsson, Stephens, Aubameyang, Arnautovic, Zaha at a total cost of 99.0m. This could most certainly change depending on the team news closer to deadline day.
Join our FF Titan FPL League (Classic) –> 102733-21614