There are only 4 fixtures this gameweek and it involves Bournemouth vs West Ham, Everton vs West Brom, Hull vs Swansea and Liverpool vs Burnley. The idea would be to have as many players as you can have from these 8 teams. However, you should also bear in mind if the players you are bringing in have favourable fixtures from Gameweek 29 onwards (e.g. Swansea, West Ham, Everton and Bournemouth).
Here’s our recommendation for Gameweek 28.
- Robles, Joel (EVE, 4.7m) – Everton’s defence has improved since the start of the year and he seemed the best bet for a clean sheet among the 8 teams.
- Mignolet, Simon (LIV, 4.7m) – The impression is that Liverpool has a poor defence but they actually have the 5th best defence at home with 12 goals conceded.
- Coleman, Seamus (EVE, 6.0m) – Good chance for a clean sheet and also attacking returns.
- Baines, Leighton (EVE, 5.7m) – On penalty duties, we think this could be the week where he scores his next penalty.
- Clyne, Nathaniel (LIV, 5.8m) – Attack minded player who puts in his fair share of crosses into the box.
- Olsson, Martin (SWA, 4.5m) – 2 goals in his last 3 games and links up well with Sigurdsson on the left flank.
- Firmino, Roberto (LIV, 8.4m) – Been more of a goal threat since the return of Philippe Coutinho.
- Mane, Sadio (LIV, 9.5m) – He has the highest points per match (6.1) of all Liverpool players.
- Barkley, Ross (EVE, 7.1m) – Back in favour with Koeman, he is the most likely of Everton midfielders to deliver attacking returns.
- Sigurdsson, Gylfi (SWA, 7.7m) – A very consistent player with 3 goals and 4 assists in his last 7 games.
- King, Josh (BOU, 5.4m) – Hard to ignore him as he has 5 goals in his last 6 games.
- Lukaku, Romelu (EVE, 10.1m) – Joint-highest scoring forward in FPL.
- Llorente, Fernando (SWA, 6.4m) – Can be rather inconsistent but has 4 double digits haul (15, 13, 13, 13) this season.
- Carroll, Andy (WHU, 6.2m) – Can be unplayable on his day and facing a Bournemouth side that has been shipping a lot of goals.