We are finally back to league action after the FA cup ties last weekend, not to mention the EFL Cup Semi-finals in midweek. Arsenal looks to have the easiest of ties amongst the top teams this week while their rivals negotiate tricky fixtures. The clash of the week should be the game between Manchester United & Liverpool at Old Trafford, one of the biggest rivalries in the history of English Football. This is a game we will definitely avoid picking players from though as it would probably end up being a very technical game.
These are our picks for gameweek 21.
- LLORIS, Hugo (TOT, 5.5m) – Spurs is a very solid team at home and they have the best defensive home record. On the other hand, West Brom averages less than a goal a game away.
- HEATON, Tom (BUR, 4.9m) – Burnley is quite solid at home while Southampton tends to be quite goal shy, especially away.
- ROSE, Danny (TOT, 6.0m) – He looks good for a Clean Sheet as Spurs are solid at home and he gets forward most of the time as well.
- ALONSO, Marcos (CHE, 6.5m) – I expect Chelsea to bounce back from their hiccup at their city rival in the last round and get a good win against Leicester this weekend. Alonso might be good for an assist and a Clean Sheet.
- MEE, Ben (BUR, 4.5m) – He offers value for money as he’s cheap and there is a good chance he might get a Clean Sheet.
- VAN AANHOLT, Patrick (SUN, 5.0m) – I don’t fancy many defenders this weekend so I’m going for the mid-range ones to save some money for other areas. I’m going for him cos Sunderland has a good home record against Stoke in recent times and he’s capable of going forward and getting the odd goal from time to time.
- WARD, Stephen (BUR, 4.4m) – Another Burnley defender. Just cos they are one of the cheapest around and offers a chance of a Clean Sheet this weekend.
- SANCHEZ, Alexis (ARS, 11.9 m) – A must have this week. Against a leaky Swansea defence, I would expect Arsenal to get a few past them & him to get at least a goal and assist.
- OZIL, Mesut (ARS, 9.5m) – With an old fashioned centre forward leading the lines, I would expect Ozil to do well in this game and get a few assists. The King of Assists of last season shouldn’t be underestimated. However, do note that he is currently ill and there is an outside chance that he might not make the trip this weekend.
- ALLI, Dele (TOT, 8.5m) – This man is on fire and unstoppable at the moment. 7 goals in the last 4 games, I really wouldn’t count against him scoring.
- SNODGRASS, Robert (HUL, 5.7m) – Hull might be rock bottom but this man keeps on delivering the goods. In charge of penalties and all set pieces for Hull, he represents a good deal for the amount of money spent.
- STANISLAS, Junior (BOU, 5.2m) – 2 assists in the last 2 games. Against table propping Hull. Cheap. Why not?
- GIROUD, Olivier (ARS, 8.6m) – This is a man on a mission. After being benched for much of the season, he’s been on fire for the past few games. I don’t see why he would be dropped for this game & I expect him to do well against a Swansea side struggling to keep it tight at the back.
- DEFOE, Jermain (SUN, 7.8m) – Offers value for his price and you know that this man is always capable of scoring goals. Sunderland also has a good home record against Stoke.
- KANE, Harry (TOT, 10.9m) – This man has 10 goals in his last 11 appearances in the month of January. And I like to believe in history.
Please join our leagues if you haven’t done so to be part of our community!
- TITAN Classic Fantasy Premier League Code : 344507-104871