For Gameweek 9, we are selecting a wildcard squad, which can hopefully take advantage of players who have favourable fixtures coming up. This wildcard squad is dependant on the fitness of De Bruyne, who we feels is a season keeper given the value he brings at 10.0m.
- Ryan (BHA, 4.6m) – There is very little to choose between him and Pope (BUR, 4.7m – @LEI, CHE, @SHU, WHU, @WAT) but he seems to have the slight better fixtures in the short term (@AST, EVE, NOR, @MUN, LEI, LIV).
- Button (BHA, 4.0m) – Purely a place holder.
- Alexander-Arnold (LIV, 7.2m) – Our Liverpool defender of choice due to his potential attacking returns. If you are short of money, consider Van Dijk (LIV, 6.5m) or Matip (LIV, 5.5m) if he is fit.
- Soyuncu (LEI, 4.7m) – Leicester looks like capable of challenging for a Top 4 place and he is an absolutely bargain at this price.
- Otamendi (MCI, 5.6m) – Yes, Man City looked all over the place defensively but we reckon Pep will address this weakness in the upcoming weeks.
- Tomori (CHE, 4.7m) – Another bargain at less than 5.0m, Chelsea upcoming fixtures (NEW, @BUR, @WAT, PAL, @MCI, WHU) will hopefully bring about some clean sheets. If not, consider Lowton (BUR, 4.5m) who is part of a defensively sound Burnley team.
- Lundstram (SHU, 4.5m) – Hopefully you got him below 4.5m. If not, he is still a great choice and he plays in midfield.
- De Bruyne (MCI, 10.0m) – If he stays fit, he is a must-have.
- Mount (CHE – 6.8m) – He is a favourite of Lampard and an integral part of Chelsea’s attack.
- Maddison (7.2m) – He is the creative spark in Leicester play and Leicester has a favourable run of fixtures, where they will only face a Top 6 side from Gameweek 9 to Gameweek 17.
- Mane (LIV, 11.7m) – He has matched Salah and is arguably in better form. If you can afford Sterling, he could be a better choice with Man City having the slightly better fixtures in the coming week.
- Romeu (SOU, 4.5m) – He has started all games and is a reliable player to call upon from the bench if needed.
- Abraham (CHE, 7.7m) – He has established himself as the first choice striker of a Chelsea team, which looks like they will score the most goals outside of Man City and Liverpool this season.
- Vardy (LEI, 9.0m) – The main man for Leicester and on penalty duties.
- Wilson (BOU, 7.9m) – He has been very consistent this season and has some good fixtures coming up (NOR, @WAT, MUN, @NEW, WOL, @TOT). An alternative would be Aubameyang (ARS, 11.1m) but that would mean sacrificing Mane in search of another midfielder around the 8.0m price point.
The team value comes in at 100.1m and hopefully will fit within your budget.
If De Bruyne is ruled out, then the changes required would be De Bruyne/Alexander-Arnold/Otamendi out for Sterling/Matip/Lowton.