24 Group Stage matches had eliminated 8 African nations and among them lies Ivory Coast and Algeria. Hosts Gabon were out after three very intrepid performances. We will look at the quarter-final matchups and make our selections based on who we think will progress to the semis.
- Burkina Faso VS Tunisia
- Senegal VS Cameroon
- DR Congo VS Ghana
- Egypt VS Morocco
- Essam El Hadary (Egypt) – The 44-year-old goalkeeper is the current top scoring player in the entire Fantasy Game and should not be ignored. Morocco has done well to be at this stage but still looks inconsistent.
- Abdoulaye Diallo (Senegal) – Senegal has looked solid so far and should make it past an under-strength Cameroon.
- Kara Mbodji (Senegal) – Anderlecht’s Mbodji has done very well for Senegal so far and a move to a bigger club is a matter of time.
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Senegal) – Napoli’s Koulibaly is another quality center-back for Senegal.
- Ahmed Fathy (Egypt) – A rock for Egypt so far. A fourth clean sheet is on the cards.
- Ahmed Hegazy (Egypt) – 26-year-old Hegazy has had time in Europe before with Fiorentina but failed to make any impact. Can this tournament offer him a ticket back to European club football?
- Aymen Abdennour (Tunisia) – Tunisia has leaked 5 goals in 3 games so far but we like Abdennour for his experience and his side playing underdog Burkina Faso.
- Naim Sliti (Tunisia) – The 24-year-old attacking midfielder has outshone his more illustrious team-mates with 2 goals and an assist.
- Andre Ayew (Ghana) – Ayew has the qualities to shine at this level.
- Sadio Mane (Senegal) – A must have this round – clear choice for captaincy as well.
- Karim El Ahmadi (Morocco) – A differential pick but this Feyenoord midfielder has good experience a good goal ratio at club level.
- Sebastien Siani (Cameroon) – Most impressive Cameroonian midfielder thus far. Worth a gamble.
- Junior Kabananga (DR Congo) – One of surprises of the competition so far.
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt) – Salah scored when it mattered and we will keep faith in him.
- Prejuce Nakoulma (Burkina Faso) – Another differential pick but the Turkish based striker has been playing well so far.
Play the 2017 AFCON fantasy game at leaguesx.com! Exciting prizes to be won!
You can also subscribe to our Newsletter via our website to receive weekly updates of our articles.