After 8 days of consecutive African Cup of Nations action, we have come to the final matchday in the group stages. Several of the big guns are in trouble – Algeria, Ivory Coast and hosts Gabon all need wins in their final game to progress. Ghana and Senegal on the other hand, have already progressed and are likely to rest some of their stars.
- RAIS M BOLHI (Algeria) – Algeria has been leaky at the back so far, but in this must-win game they are in an advantageous position with Senegal already thru.
- ESSAM EL HADARY (Egypt) – The Pharaohs have yet to concede and a draw in their final game will see them thru.
- AHMED FATHY (Egypt) – The rock of his nation’s backline.
- ISSOUFOU DAYO (Burkina Faso) – Our differential pick of the week. Burkina Faso can keep a clean sheet here.
- AYMEN ABDENNOUR (Tunisia) – Tunisia will want to keep it tight against Zimbabwe.
- GABRIEL ZAKUANI (DR Congo) – The England-based defender is key to his nation’s hopes of a clean sheet against a erratic Togo side.
- ERIC BAILLY (Ivory Coast) – Ivory Coast need a win here. In the Red Devil we trust.
- RIYAD MAHREZ (Algeria) – We have picked Mahrez for the third time running because we trust that he will deliver.
- SEREY DIE (Ivory Coast) – The Swiss-based midfielder will play and has already scored in the tournament.
- DENIS BOUANGA (Gabon) – French-born Bouanga is a good choice to have on the Gabon side other than Aubameyang.
- RAMADAN SOBHI (Egypt) – Stoke’s Sobhi has a good eye for goal.
- FAYCAL FAJR (Morocco) – Our second differential pick here – Fajr is an established attacking midfielder in the La Liga.
- PIERRE EMERICK AUBAMEYANG (Gabon) – It’s now or never for the hosts and Aubameyang has already netted twice in two games.
- ISLAM SLIMANI (Algeria) – We also trust and like the Leicester City forward.
- MOHAMED SALAH (Egypt) – The AS Roma striker has one last chance to prove his worth to his countrymen.
- WILFRIED BONY (Ivory Coast) – Bony is the focal of the Ivorian attack.
Play the 2017 AFCON fantasy game at leaguesx.com! Exciting prizes to be won!
You can also subscribe to our Newsletter via our website to receive weekly updates of our articles.