Some shock results over MD1 as Gabon, Ivory Coast, Algeria and Egypt were all held to draws. MD2 begins immediately as the teams prepare for their next group games.
For MD2, we will target four fixtures for player selections:
- Cameroon VS Guinea-Bissau
- Senegal VS Zimbabwe
- Egypt VS Uganda
- Ghana VS Mali
- Fabrice Ondoa (Cameroon) – The young Ondoa plays for Sevilla and will start in goal against a weak Guinea-Bissau side.
- Essam El-Hadary (Egypt) – 44-year-old El-Hadary should start here against a toothless Uganda side.
- Ambroise Oyongo (Cameroon) – The 25-year-old plays in the MLS and should do well against Guinea-Bissau.
- Cheikhou Kouyate (Senegal) – The West Ham center-back is a rock at the back for Senegal.
- Baba Rahman (Ghana) – The attacking left-back is good for a clean sheet as well.
- Ahmed Fathy (Egypt) – The veteran Fathy had a good game against Mali and should lead his side well again from the back.
- Faouzi Ghoulam (Algeria) – We still maintain that Ghoulam is by far the best left-back in the tournament.
- Clinton N’Jie (Cameroon) – The Spurs midfielder is good going forward.
- Riyah Mahrez (Algeria) – Mahrez enjoyed a sensational game against Zimbabwe and should not be ignored.
- Saido Mane (Senegal) – The Liverpool winger takes penalties for his nation as well.
- Andre Ayew (Ghana) – Ayew scored in the opening game and will be Ghana’s main threat again.
- Yacine Brahimi (Algeria) – Brahimi enjoyed a good game operating alongside Mahrez and looks good for a solid game here.
- Benjamin Moukandjo (Cameroon) – The Cameroonian captain enjoyed a good game and will be good for a goal.
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt) – Salah did not perform in the opening game but is class is permanent.
- Salomon Kalou (Ivory Coast) – Ivory Coast must win and Kalou is very experienced at this level.
- Mame Biram Diouf (Senegal) – The Stoke City striker is Senegal’s other outlet for goals.
Play the 2017 AFCON fantasy game at leaguesx.com! Exciting prizes to be won!
You can also subscribe to our Newsletter via our website to receive weekly updates of our articles.